El Karubah Shrine Christmas FEZ-tival
As we approach the Christmas season, I wanted to share some information about an upcoming event we are doing as a fundraiser for El Karubah Shriners. On December 8th & 9th, 2018, from 2:00 PM until 8:00 PM we are hosting our first annual Christmas FEZ-tival. The temple will be decorated and transformed into a Christmas themed Wonderland for the public to view and enjoy. Attendees will also be able to purchase tickets for a chance to win one (or more) of the many theme decorated Christmas trees, along with the presents under the tree, that are being provided by our tree sponsors. We will also have vendor booths selling crafts and other Christmas related items for the public to purchase. In addition, we will have food trucks and other food vendors in the parking lot and around the event for the public to purchase items from as they browse, shop, and enjoy the holiday themed festivities. Our entire building and property will be decorated for Christmas and attendees will be allowed to browse through the trees and enjoy the themes and decorations of each tree. Music and holiday entertainment will also be provided for attendees to enjoy. We have Santa Claus coming to the event on Sunday December 9th and people will be able to take free pictures with Santa.
Our hope is that this event will become a family tradition and groups will look forward to returning each year to take part in the Christmas Fez-tival. Admission is free to children 15 years old and under and only $2.00 for adults. Passes similar to those given out for the circus will be given to schools to help promote the event. These passes will be redeemable for a free treat for the child at a table inside the event. There will be other cookies and cakes sold or raffled as part of the event to help raise funds. We have several sponsors who are going to provide some really great trees for us to give away and this is shaping up to be a wonderful holiday event.
What Our Members Can do to Help:
- Obviously, the biggest thing you can do is help spread the word and make plans to attend the event. We will need volunteers to help work ticket tables and in other areas during the event so if you are able to help please contact Jerry DeFatta.
- We need volunteers to bake cookies, cakes, and other items that can be sold or raffled off at the event to raise money.
- We still have room and need a few more Christmas tree sponsors. If you or your business can help, please contact Jerry DeFatta to learn more about sponsoring a tree.
- Loan us your Christmas decorations. We have this event listed on the Holiday Trail of Lights and we need to heavily decorate the outside of the temple. If you have outside decorations that we could use from November 25 until December 10th, this would be a big help. You can contact the office or Jerry DeFatta with questions or just bring you items to the temple before November 25, 2018.
- If you know a choir group, it can be a church, school, or just a group of friends, who want to sing Christmas carols during this event, contact Jerry DeFatta.
- Please come out to help decorate the temple on Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 2:00 PM.
- If you are on Facebook, be sure to go to the El Karubah Facebook page and Like the Event page, then click that you are going by opening each day of the event to see that option.
Proceeds from this e
You can contact the event coordinator, Jerry DeFatta at 318-426-0199 or by e-mail at email@example.com
|When:||8 & 9 December 2018 2:00pm - 8:00pm||Where:||El Karubah Shrine Temple|| |